SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR QUAN LY SHARES HIS THREE TIPS FOR LIVING A BETTER LIFE
People often ask Quan Ly how he stays motivated, which doesn't surprise us. If you have ever met Quan, then this probably doesn't surprise you either. He has an explosively positive personality and an inspiring outlook on life, not to mention a roaring and contagious laugh! Ly is also the co-founder of two successful businesses. He launched McRally Inc, a cloud-based accounting firm, in 2015 and Evil Corporation Brewing in 2017.
"I've always been attracted to challenging problems. The more difficult the problem is, the more excited I get. My imagination and knowledge empower me."
What we really wanted to learn was how Quan manages to smile through the stress of balancing the responsibilities of being an entrepreneur with his community work, family, friends, and marriage. So, we gave him a call!
1. Juggling one business and the demands of life is hectic enough, let alone two businesses! How do you find time to relax?
It's the little moments through the week that help me to de-stress. I love reading, taking my dog for a walk, having drinks with friends, or cruising around on my motorcycle. Doing any one of those things, or a combo, during the day keep me relaxed.
2. As someone who runs an accounting firm and a brewing company, how would you describe your personal style? What are your go-to shopping spots?
I’m not loyal to a particular brand or store. I tend to gravitate to clothing that is minimal but well-fitted with a focus on tailoring. I keep it pretty simple and don't really follow trends. I prefer darker colours throughout fall and winter, and lighter colours in spring and summer.
3. What is your biggest clothing pet peeve?
I'm sure most pet-owners can relate to this. I wear a lot of darker colours, but they tend to pick up my dog’s hair which gets annoying really fast!
4. What does it mean to be your true, authentic self?
For me to be my authentic self, I need to harmonize my words and my actions with what I believe in and how I feel. You should speak and act in a manner that does not cause friction with your heart and mind. For me, ambition, perseverance, commitment, love, and compassion are the values that shape my life and have gotten me to where I am.
5. We know you get asked this question a lot, but how do you stay motivated and where do you turn to for support?
My motivation comes from having a clear vision. I know what I want and where I am going which drives my purpose and helps me make conscious decisions. I turn to my team and the business groups that I am part of for support.
6. One last question. What are your top tips for living the best life you possibly can?
- Don’t let fear stop you from doing anything
- Focus on building great relationships with people
- Always take action but have patience